Definition of Education
- "Education is the manifestation of the perfection already in man" ~Swami Vivekananda.
- “Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.” ~Albert Einstein
- The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet. ~ Aristotle
- There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning. ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti
- Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow. ~ Anthony J. D'Angelo
Characteristics of a pupil, that he must gain and sustain to become a better one:
- DISCIPLINE – A pupil has to be disciplined enough to understand his/her responsibilities towards education, right from their childhood days. A teacher and their parents are solemnly responsible to teach a pupil his/her responsibilities towards education and let them perform in a disciplined manner.
- ATTITUDE – A pupil must always have a down-to-earth attitude to prosper in their academics and to excel in all others aspects of life. Teachers play a major role to form a pupil’s attitude. And their parents are solemnly responsible to form their child’s right attitude, because “Charity begins at home!”
- OBSERVER – You can never excel in academics/or in any other aspects of life, until you(pupil) are a good observer! Perfect observation is Concentration. You can never concentrate on anything until you are a good observer. A pupil is solemnly responsible to build this characteristics by self, because in this case, neither a teacher nor their parents can help them out. It is a characteristics/skill that they have to form by practice. Meditation is a very good tool to help one build his/her concentration, which eventually will turn him/her to a good observer!
- LISTENER – Once you(pupil) have developed the skill of observation by practice, you will see, you have also transformed your mind to be a very good listener. A pupil is a good listener only if he/she is a good observer.
- PERFORMER - When you(pupil) have observe anything keen fully, and then have listened to it properly, then understanding of the subject is an auto process. There will never a situation arise in front of you that you have observe anything keen fully and also have listened to it carefully, but have not understood it, It’s absurd! There is a BUT! The BUT is, if the entire thing is not practiced regularly, HE/SHE can not PERFOM! To perform, Practise of the entire characteristics/skills mentioned above is a mandatory job, only then, a pupil will undoubtedly perform in his/her academics/ or any other aspects of life!
Role of Parents
To create “A SUITABLE ENVIRONMENT”, is the only role of parents. A child is like a clay, it takes the shape the way you(Parents) mould it. A kid’s greatest teacher is their parents, they adapt almost everything right from their childhood that surrounds them. So, parents needs to be very careful and always be alert, what they do or perform in front of their kids. This only will help to create a suitable environment for education, which will eventually help them(pupil) to be a better person in life.